My daily prayer...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Old Man Winter...

is here and he is pissed!!!! We woke up last night at 3:30am to the horrible sounds of the wind! 70 mile and hour winds!!!! (Are you kidding me???!!!) We knew it was coming, but the weather men are so wrong most of the time...we not this time! We have had some proerty damage...shingles from our roof have come off and our new fence has been damaged by the wind...UGH! But we are all safe and that is what matters the most. Mom and dad are fine and so is Jeff's mom and his sister and my grandmother. Julian is a champ and slept until 8am! He amazes me! I on the other hand...went out side to help Jeff with the fence at 5 am and fell in our neighbors' driveway! OUCH! So, now my back, and leg hurt from the fall and I have bruses to prove it! LOL I did go to work, but had already planned on staying home today with Jeff and Julian. Jeff is on vacation this week. And even if he was working, I would have made him stay home...yes I am a baby!

We had a trama yesterday...Jeff's beloved bird, Oliver broke his leg...yes it is broken...he has a cast on it and I am hoping to post a picture soon. The poor bird looks so funny. SO that is it for now. I will keep you all posted!

4 comments:

Paulette said...

Hi Colette-- Your 'over the night' weather is starting to hit here now (noon). The roads are slick and it looks like a mini blizzard at the moment. It came out of nowhere. Hang tight. Hope your little birdie heals fast...how'd it break it's leg anyhow?

Julie said...

Colette, OW! That would be ME falling in the neighbor's driveway, for all the WORLD to see. So, how exactly did the bird break its leg? And I HAVE GOT to see pics! :) JULIE

Paula said...

Boy, that storm sounds awful, glad you are all ok., sorry about your fall.

wsweden said...

We lost shingles for the third time in just as many weeks. Oh, and Justin's bus stop blew over. So, now it sits half in our drive way. Mark must not have a lot of faith in me because he reminded me not to hit it when I pulled out of the driveway! I quickly reminded him that I was the one with the clean record!
Hope your bird heals quickly. Please post how he broke his leg. We are all curious!!