My daily prayer...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...

As I sit in my dining room listening to the sounds of a baby laughing, I have to say this is in the top 3 best days of my life. Last year at this time I was giving my testimony of being the childless mother in a group of 5 women speaking at my church. I thought on that day that I would be able to touch someone, maybe who was thinking about adoption, or maybe someone who had just suffered the loss of a baby. Little did I know that in 2 short weeks later that we would be matched, and 72 days I would be a mother. These past 9 months have flown by, I wonder where the time went, from the day where my baby boy would sleep on me for hours...now he wants to jump on me for hours...my legs have bruises to prove it! I have cried for the last 3 days, thinking about this day and what it means to me. It isn't just mother's day for me but it is the ending of a long chapter, one that has many pages and finally I can finish that one and let a new on begin. I know that this isn't just special for me in my family, but it is also so special for my mom. She has walked in my shoes, many years ago. Now she is a grandmother to a special baby. Adoption for us is a small part of our life. I don't want it to be all consuming, always talked about. Julian will know that he is special in his own way, just like other children, only he is our chosen child...hand pick by God. For this is the baby I prayed for. Every night before I went to bed, before and during our match, I prayed over the crib. I prayed that our baby would come home safe and in the lords time not mine. We had the crib up for about 6 months. Every night, faithfully I prayed and prayed. Now I pray that my son sleeps good and is there when we wake. I must check on him 4 times a night if not more. I think I check to make sure that this is for real and not a dream. Life has been good to me. In many ways, He tested my faith for years. Years before I met Jeff, Years while Jeff and I were trying to have a family and I think even now he tests my faith him HIM. Evil still lurks, but keeping my faith strong, there is no way that evil can hurt us. But that is what keeps me on my toes. SO much has changed in a year. Friends have come and gone, and new ones made. I Love you all! For those who are enjoying their first Mother's Day...ENJOY! For those who have been mother's for a long time...ENJOY! Just enjoy! For those who's babies are not home yet...they will be...keep your faith strong, don't let evil in...keep your faith and it will happen! Just look around! God bless...hugs and kisses...I will be posting pictures in a few hours!

No comments: