My daily prayer...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Remembering Crystal Beach....




So there was this documentary on PBS this weekend about Crystal Beach...If you are not from the WNY area you may not know what it is...it was an amusement park...but not just an amusement park...It was very special to me... really to anyone who ever went there. We had a cottage in Crystal Beach between the ages of 10-13 and every summer we would go there and it was the best time of my life! I guess I forgot about those times, but after seeing it all over again...I brought back a flood of memories for Jeff and I. Those days were so wonderful! At the end of the show, I cried...I can remember going on the Comet with my dad...We would go on it 5 maybe 10 timesin a row...then we would go on the Sky Rider and the bumper cars...my mom never went on the rides...but you could always see her smiling face waving at us. We would play Wack-a-Mole....It was the best. At the end of the night we would get a sucker... The saddest thing is...Julian will never experience that. The amusement parks are not what they useto be. They are dirty, not taken care of...such a bummer. Well, I know that we will be making wonderful memories with Julian as he gets older. Just thought I would share. Have a great week!

No comments: