My daily prayer...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday, Sunday...

Or is that Monday, Monday...by the Mama and the Papa's? LOL Anyway...as you know we have been trying to figure out what is going on with Julian and his sinus issue...well after 2 rounds of antibiotics (which he has only had 2 other times in his life...I am so not a fan of them for kids) I think it knock out whatever was the issue...so we took him off Zyrtec on Friday and he has been wonderful...no mind you the occasional back talk and NO is still there, but it was miserable here for 2.5 weeks with that crap in him! I don't know if it is the Zyrtec or the Antibiotic that was the problem making him irritable, but I am really not even going to see what it is! Prior he was complaining about his eye hurting him...so far so good with that...so with any degree of luck we have flushed out the problem!
Computers...do any o fyou let your children play on them with PBS kids or Nick Jr.? Well, He LOVES our favorite baldheaded 4 year old...I will not mention his name on here...Well he found som really cool things to work on! So I figured he could spend sometime working on that over the summer...but how much is too much..you know how you jump on the computer and the next thing you knwo yhou have been on it for 2 hours! Well I don't want that happening here! So here is a question for you...How much time do you let your child play on the computer? I am thinking maybe a hour a day...30 mins in the am and 30 mins in the pm...but once summer is here I know we will be out and about...and if you are a mother of a one and only, you are the constant playmate...so at least I can have a cup of joe! Let me know what you think...the good the bad and the ugly! Hugs and blessings!!!

1 comment:

Life with my BOYS! said...

I would say moderation is the key! Like most things, we need to monitor what they are doing on the computer and I think as long as we engage with them while they are computing it is OK. I would recommend setting at timer to stick with your time limits, only because it is clear to the kids, timer rings, computer goes off; otherwise as you have said, time can get away and too much of any screen time is not good! PBS at least has educational stuff~this is where I am at with it too.