My daily prayer...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve...

My parents stopped by yesterday...they just had to see him...so here he is with Nana...notice football in the background!
Here is Julian and Eugene...a boy and his dog!
Well...it is almost 2008 and I have to say, I am sad to see 2007 go. It was a good year. It started out slow but once May hit...it went fast. I feel so blessed to have had this wonderful experience of adoption and would not change a thing. I sit in my living room, with me on one lap top and Jeff on another, and Julian in his swing getting ready for an early evening nap. I couldn't be happier! Here is just a few things that happened to me in 2007:



1: Traveled to Dallas...rushed home for my father's emergency surgery.

2: Started our path to private adoption...mailed out 350 letters/brouchures, and contact every attorney and OB/GYN in the area.

3: became matched with a wonderful Birth mother and waited for our daughter to be born...ie...on July 3rd we found out that it was not going to be Petra Elizabeth but JULIAN PARKER!

4: It was a very long summer waiting for the arrival of our son

5: Our son arrived with open arms...for real...he came out with his arms raised to say...tada!

6:Quit my job..only to take on another and hating it!

7:Brought our son home, had his finalization, and dedication

8: Started a new job and traveled to Boston, MA

9:Enjoyed the holiday with our new family

10:Watching my son grow everyday



So that is it in a nut shell. For all of you who are waiting...keep the faith...for what ever reason...I knew that 2007 would be our year...not sure why I felt that way...I guess I just had a feeling. SO keep the faith...it will happen! Happy New Year! See you in 2008!

2 comments:

Paula said...

You're year was a lot like our year! Praise God

Wondering when you will find us said...

Isnt it something all that happens in just a year! Julian is such an adorable boy, give him a kiss from me! Tell him Jake says hi!