My daily prayer...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! 2008

Well here we are again...this is my third year of blogging on Thanksgiving day. I am thankful everyday...every morning and night when I pray I thank God for all I have and all I have been through to be where I am today.

There are so many things that I am thankful for...my family, my wonderful husband (who is cooking dinner!) my parents...so thankful that my father is doing much better and will be back to normal very soon! Thankful that my brother is home this year and will not be going back to Iraq in January. Thankful for my 86 year old grandmother who will be spending the holiday with us. Thankful to have a job in this difficult economy...thankful for wonderful friends who have stuck with me through think and thin, who love me for me! I am so thankful for my son, my smart, funny, lovable, hugable, kissable, playful, beautiful son. This morning Jeff brought Julian into bed...this is the first time he stayed put. He snuggled in and watched sesame street. For 30 mins! I looked over and I started to cry...I am so thankful...so very thankful.

Today we are having my brother and grandmother over for dinner. Mom and Dad will be at home, while dad is still on the mend. It will not be my favorite Thanksgiving since it is the first I will miss with my parents in 37 years. We are a small but close family and when one is missing it is very noticable. But there will be 2 missing so it won't be the same. But we will make the most of it and good conversation, laughter and maybe a few tears (from me of course!)

So I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving...look around you...you all have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments: