My daily prayer...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mixed emotions...

Well last night the country elected a new president. To this I have mixed emotions. The President Elect was not the candidate that I would have chosen for our country...but then again neither was McCain...but looking at what I believe in and who I thought would best be our President, regardless of making history or not. I voted on the records that were put forward...I think that this is wonderful for our country...the first AA/CC to be elected...how wonderful and how far we have come. That now helps our children see that dreams really do come true regardless of the color of your skin. On that point...my son who is CC/HS is now the future, along with many friends of mine who have adopted bi-racial children. Wow how wonderful is this...I only hope President Elect does not forget what he is here to do...that is lead our country...keep our country safe from all evil doers. Financially...I am scared...I pay taxes every week when I get my check from work...that should be enough, but I have a feeling that it won't be. I hope he doesn't stray from that he has been campaigning for. I hope America didn't just vote to make history, but voted for the best man to lead our country...this is all I can hope and pray for.

Maybe one day, Julian will be running for president of the USA...how wonderful will that be...and if not, I want him to finish school, get the best education he can and be a productive, honest and non judgemental American. That is what my mother raised for a son and a daughter...that should not be any different then any other American. Please pray for our country and your family everyday. I will continue to do so, today like every other day before this day. Hugs and Blessings

No comments: