My daily prayer...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mommy Friends...

"US MOM'S NEED TO STICK TOGETHER!" That is a quote from a dear friend of mine...it was one of the first things she said to me on the first day of school with Julian. Her son Michael and Julian are buddies in school. Isn't that the truth...we do need to stick together! Who else knows how hard it is to keep it all together without getting in our car and keep on driving! I know we have ALL thought about it once maybe twice...but we don't do it...we love our family way to much to leave them...at least I do...and I know that the ones that read this feel the same way! I find that I have way more patience then my husband when it comes to Julian. Is it because I am with him all day, or is it because I don't want daddy to raise his voice at him? I am not sure, but I know that I am not perfect and don't pretend to be. I try not to put too much on my plate, but sometimes that fails. I want to be the best mom I can be...I want to teach him everything I know and more, and I want him to teach me how to be a better mom.


We have been potty training for what feels like FOREVER! Finally, yes finally he is pooping on the potty without me asking him! YEAH! Today, (Jeff was removing a queen bed from our spare room..eventually I want to make that room either Julian's room or just a giant play room for him...at this point, since the dogs are still with us, I am going to make it into a craft/sewing room.) so we were moving the bed out and I was at the top of the stairs when Julian comes walking up the stairs and says "mommy come with me...come with me...I went poop on the potty!" At first I thought he was just trying to get me to play with him...put I could see in his big brown eyes that YES indeed he did POOP! That was a very proud moment that I had as a mom...that I am doing right by my son! He is listening to me, and learning! Yippee!!!


But when I say we need to stick together and having mom friends is SO important, is sometimes we feel like we are the only ones who are going through this...alone...and we are not alone! I have some wonderful friends that I can call upon for advise and they are there in a heart beat for me! They don't make me feel like I was asking a dumb mom question...it is a real question...sometimes we feel alone...but we are not! I felt alone when we had our miscarriages, but once I talked about it I found I wasn't alone there either! I hope my friends know that they can ALWAYS call upon me for advise, babysitting help or making meal for them!


When Julian was born and we brought him home we only had ONE friend make us dinner and bring it over...ONE! I am not sure if it was because I didn't give birth to him and I wasn't recovering from surgery or delivery But believe me...I gave birth to this child of mine...a different kind of birth!Maybe because at that time Jeff was the one who made dinner...that was very disappointing...but we survived...I can tell you I make dinner for sick friends and I love it. When one of our friends have a baby, we bring a full meal over...it is just who I am...no big deal...just me. I have found that once I spread myself thin with a few friends. I feel that sometimes we need to move on with certain people...like a chapter in a book...it is time for a new chapter...ever feel that way? Well that is my rant for the day...I hope you all have a wonderful night...sending hugs and blessings! Always be there for you mom friends...you never know when she really needs a friend!

No comments: