My daily prayer...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Friday, March 11, 2011

Yummy--I LOVE IT!

Well, it is that time of year again...Faschnaut time! If you are not familiar with them they are like a donut only flatter...growing up, I can remember going to my grand mothers house and having them...but she made hers! Now I just go to the store and buy them...the one I have found to be the most similar to hers is at a store called Dash's Market...Today I treated my parents...and bought some for us as well. I have to say...I am very blessed to have my parents...They love having Julian around, so today after school, I dropped him off, and they had a pajama party...when I was picking him up, I told him to ask Nana and papa for faschnauts...well tonight he had 1/2 of one...he said to my mother...aka Nana..."I love them!" So cute. Isn't it funny how food can bring back such wonderful memories of your childhood?!

My step grandfather worked at a very private club called The Buffalo Club. Back when he worked there...they had separate entrances for men and women...I think they still do. It is a very private club, very expensive...well he use to bring home the best chicken wings and friend scallops...and pastries that were left over from that night or morning...I can still taste and smell them...it was great waking up on a Saturday morning and having those pastries from there. They are both long gone now...but out of all the memories I have of them...those are the most fondest ones...centered around food...go figure! No really go...figure!

Now my son is building memories with his grandparents...not centered around food...but centered around love...and pajama parties!

No comments: